POET is a proactive approach to reduce the occurrence and expense of workplace injuries through worker assessment using objective, consistent, and job-specific physical demand testing. Performed after a job offer has been made, this standardized baseline physical assessment helps ensure that prospective employees meet the physical requirements necessary for the job before the actual hire date.
For over a decade, Advantage OT has provided POET services to many industries, including: car hauling, fuel trucking, EMS, and the steel industry. Advantage OT provides the necessary expertise to design and implement a reputable program that can be replicated across multiple evaluation sites in Southeast Michigan.
- Functional job demand analysis to develop custom POET
- Validate the physical abilities of the candidate to perform the functional demands of the job
- Reduce exposure and limit liability
- Prevent on-the-job injuries
- Decrease future workers’ compensation costs
- Ensure quality services and a safe and healthy workforce